MIND your hormones
[CYCLE PHASES] Does your energy change based on your cycle phase?
July 23, 2021
Since we were never taught this in school it might be news to you BUT we actually have phases to our cycle! It's not just your period! Tapping into our feminine cycle by understanding how things change & how our body best needs support based on each phase is INCREDIBLE.
Today we're talking about the energy shifts that are NORMAL as well as what's NOT normal to experience.
Interested in learning more about the free masterclasses I hold each month?
CLICK HERE & text me the word MASTERCLASS & I'll fill you in on this month's topic! For July 2021 we're chatting all about how to naturally increase your energy!
Notes from today's episode:
MENSTRUATION (3-7 days):
- Hormones are at their lowest level so your energy is at a lower point.
- Time to go inward, slower workouts/no workout, less energy intensive tasks
FOLLICULAR (7-10 days)
- Hormones are starting to rise so your energy will start to increase
OVULATION (3-5 days)
- Estrogen rises to thicken uterine lining
- Testosterone surges to increase sex drive
- You have loads of energy (when your hormones are balanced) to burn since all hormones are at their highest concentration
LUTEAL (10-14 days)
- Estrogen, progesterone & testosterone reach their peak concentrations & are now starting to decline.
- Lowest levels right before bleeding begins
- 1st half of this phase you have more energy to spend with others. 2nd half, spend more time alone taking care of yourself.
- If your hormones are imbalanced, this is the phase you'll experience PMS symptoms. This isn't a necessary part of the Luteal phase but it is the phase where those imbalances will be heightened.
WAYS YOU & I CAN CONNECT!
I am SOOO happy you're here! Thank you for being part of this community! XO