MIND your hormones
What actually causes PMS?!
August 27, 2021
We've all experienced some form of PMS before! It's soooo common but that doesn't mean it's NORMAL! Moderate to severe PMS is the result of a hormonal imbalance.
Here's what we get into:
- You produce estrogen in your follicular phase (the phase after your period)
- You produce progesterone in your luteal phase (because ovulation creates progesterone & your luteal phase is after ovulation)
- Progesterone declines midway through your luteal phase if you're not pregnant & this drop in hormones causes your period to come.
- Moderate to severe pms is from imbalances in the luteal phase. Specifically estrogen to progesterone imbalance.
- When you have PMS you experience a sharp decline in progesterone 3-5 days before period rather than a gradual decline.
A FEW SIGNS OF LOW PROGESTERONE:
- Pre period spotting
- Short luteal phase
- Cervical mucus week before your period
17. Tracking Ovulation
Episode 90 has Info on Cervical Mucus
INTERESTED IN KNOW YOUR FLOW?!
- The 8 day experience that's teaching you how to identify your imbalances & support them naturally. This program is teaching you how to read your monthly report card- aka your period!
click HERE & text me KNOW YOUR FLOW
- If you're not listening to this in real time & you want info about what programs are currently available click HERE & text me PROGRAMS
Come hang out with me on Instagram @corinneangelica