Mind Your Hormones
17. [PERIOD HEALTH] Tracking OVULATION & why you NEED TO, EVEN IF you DON'T WANT TO GET PREGNANT!
November 17, 2020
Today we’re chatting all about progesterone & ovulation because it’s VITAL for our hormones & overall health. Ovulation is the ONLY way you make PROGESTERONE which is a hormone that is beneficial for mood, energy, libido, insulin response, thyroid, skin, hair, metabolism more.
Progesterone is essential for healthy reproduction & periods but it also supports your brain, immune system, and detoxification enzymes! Here are 7 ways Progesterone supports you! (Adapted by Lara Briden- sources linked below!)
Boosts energy by stimulating the thyroid and amping up your metabolism. That’s why your body temperature goes up half a degree when you make progesterone after ovulation. It also relieves adrenal fatigue which is really HPA dysregulation because it stabilizes the communication between the hypothalamus (modulates the endocrine system through its connections with the pituitary gland) & adrenal glands.
Soothes mood and rescues sleep because stimulates sleep centers in the brain and is essential for combatting PMS insomnia
Nourishes hair and clears skin because it reduces male hormones (androgens) by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. The result is faster-growing hair, less skin oil (sebum), and fewer skin break-outs.
Lightens periods (heavy periods come from excess estrogen) by counteracting estrogen’s stimulating effect on the uterine lining.
Prevents autoimmune disease because it modulates immune function reduces inflammation, and up-regulates detoxification enzymes.
Builds bones and muscle by stimulating bone-building cells which are called osteoblasts & the growth of new muscle.
Protects against cancer by counteracting estrogen’s stimulating effect on breast and uterine tissue.
HOW TO TRACK OVULATION:
- Cervical fluid- egg white consistency & stretchy leading up to ovulation
- Before ovulation it’s between 97 and 97.7
- After ovulation it increases about .5 and maintains that higher level until your period
- Take your temperature before getting out of bed, at the same time every morning.
- Tracking Basal Body Temperature.
SOURCES & LINKS:
WAYS WE CAN CONNECT!
- Want professional grade supplements for 10% off? Head to my dashboard! (Click HERE for the CANADIAN dashboard).
- [DISCLAIMER: Always check with your medical practitioner before taking any supplements]
- If you're obsessed with organic, non-toxic skin care and you want one that's AFFORDABLE & EFFECTIVE check out my fave Skin Essence Organics and use code CORINNE for 15% off!
- If you love or want to try CBD, my absolutely favorite brand is MySoul CBD- Code CORINNE15 saves you 15%
So grateful you’re here! XO Corinne